Sunday, July 1, 2007

Morning Glories

We are trying to convince these morning glories to cover our water tower. They are starting to wind there way across the monofilament we have strung. The ones that are flowering we bought in pots at the Union Square Greenmarket and now we've wired 7 pots across the front of the water tower structure and planted them with 3 different kinds of morning glories.

Perhaps by the end of the summer it will be a beautiful, blue and white wall of flowers. We're crossing our fingers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, I just ran across your site. I am a rooftop gardener in NYC as as well. How did your morning glories work out? I've been trying to get a vine to grow across our trellis for about 5 years now, but have come to believe that with container gardening, you can't provide enough root structure for anything to grow big enough for coverage.

Michelle Renee said...

I just came across your blog and I love this picture. I am from California and I have a blog also.

http://michellereneesgardening.blogspot.com/