Friday, July 20, 2007

Busy Bumblebee

Yes this is our first true bumblebee. We have seen wasps, hornets, tiny bee-like insects and flies aplenty, but a true bumblebee has yet to be seen in action.

Until now.

But this morning he was busy at work, he stopped to visit all the flowers in the garden. He visited all the squash blossoms.

He stopped at a multitude of tomato flowers.

He nosed around our first miniature sunflower of the season.
I think this bodes well for our future harvest.

I wonder where he lives. I hope he brings his friends back. It would be really cool to keep bees. Maybe in the future we can have chickens too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen gray bee-like creatures frequenting my watermelon blossoms, but that was back when they were blooming.

Your tomato patch looks extensive! My 2 plants are doing well, but whenever we get a heavy rain a bunch of them split open. Still edible though!

Best,
Laura

Hasith Yaggahavita said...

Nice article. I have also shared my personal experience on building a rooftop garden is shared at following post. It explains water proofing methods for a concrete slab if anyone is interested.
rooftop